Strathard Community Trust is very pleased to launch a new small grant scheme for the benefit of community organisations in the area. We have funds up to a total value of £6,000 each year, with a maximum of £1,500 for each individual project. The next closing date for applications is February 22nd 2019.
Strathard receives community benefit funds from the Bruach Caorainn Hydro Scheme, and these funds are administered by Strathard Community Trust. The total available each year is around £6,600. To make the most of our limited funds:
- Projects should help deliver the Strathard Community Action Plan.
- We expect individual grants to be between £250 and £1,500.
- While 100% funding will be considered for smaller projects, projects that can attract additional funding will help to make the best use of our local funds.
- We welcome projects that bring groups together to achieve common aims.
- We will not, in general, provide core funding for organisations.
All applications must benefit the community in the Strathard Community Council area. The fund is open to applications from individuals or groups. If the project is profit-making, all profits must be used for benefit of the community. There should be no private personal, religious or political gain as a result of activity supported by the Hydro Fund.
Priority will be given to projects based on the extent to which they deliver the aims of the Strathard Community Action Plan.
Types of funding
Funding can be used flexibly – please ask if you have a question. Examples include volunteer expenses, equipment hire or purchase, materials, or fees where professional support is needed. We may consider support for feasibility studies, where these would help deliver larger projects in the longer term.
Discussion of projects in advance of application is very welcome – contact details are contained in the Application Guidelines.
After your application is received, you will be contacted by the Secretary of Strathard Community Trust, who may want to meet you to talk about any points in your application that may need clarification. The contact details you provide will be used for this purpose.
If your application meets the fund’s criteria it will be considered by a committee including some of the Directors of Strathard Community Trust, as well as one or more representatives of other organisations.
We have set two deadlines for application to the fund each year. For 2019, these are Friday February 22nd and Friday August 30th. As this is the first year of operation of the fund, however, we appreciate the need to be flexible, and we will consider time critical applications, after discussion, at any time. The committee will meet shortly after the deadline, and applicants will be advised of the decision as soon as possible after the meeting.
At the end of your project you will be asked to complete a brief report on the project and provide evidence of your spending. Future applications will take account of your delivery earlier projects, including the completion of these reports.
You will be expected to acknowledge funding by Strathard Community Hydro Fund in any project material or publicity, including on line or on social media. We would also welcome photos which we may use in our own material. Where people are included in photos, applicants should ensure that they have the permission of those pictured for use in this way.
It should be submitted by post or email to meet one of the deadlines above (contact details are contained in the Application Guidelines). Projects wishing to apply outwith these dates should contact the fund co-ordinator.
The following will also be required:
- Budget relating to the application with full details of costs and any income you expect to generate
- Most recent independently examined accounts of the organisation(s) involve
- Quotes or tenders if relevant, or details of the process you will go through before awarding contracts
- Any other documentation that you think may be relevant, such as a business or project plan may also be included.